Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another week

I have had some difficulty accessing materials to reproduce the untitled (float/glider) work from 1972. New railway ties (sleepers) are hard to come by and after contacting several steel suppliers, 'spring' steel, in the form required for the reproduction of this work, is also scarce. I am following up some leads but may have to import the two spring steel bars from Australia. It wasn't this difficult in the early 70's! At MSVA I have presented three lectures on relational aethetics, dialogical, littoral and operative art practices with this coming week, a presentation on art and ethics. I have met some very interesting young artists and made contact with some friends and colleagues and look forward to meetings with family and friends in coming days and weeks. It has rained almost everyday and I had forgotten how wet an Auckland winter can be.

No comments: