Tuesday, August 5, 2008

MSVA Artist in Residence


Now in Auckland as a visiting artist in residence at the Manukau School of Visual Arts, MIT (Manukau Institute of Technology). I am producing work for forthcoming exhibitions in Auckland (te tuhi) and Artspace Sydney. Thus far I have been reviewing my work from the 1970's which is a salutory/solitary experience. Emma Bugden, curator at te tuhi (the mark gallery) has requested reproductions of some early work and I am researching access to materials to reproduce an untitled sculpture piece from 1972 dubbed "Glider" and "Float" in my notes from that period. Other work I am reproducing at MSVA includes my Found Situations 1970-72 and Audience Arrangements (1974-78). These works seem so far removed from my present work but I am enjoying the process of interrogating my past.

No comments: